Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by "Woods, Christopher" <cw...@EO.Kollmorgen.com> on 2006/03/14 16:31:24 UTC

Converted xml to xdoc...now what?

Hi Folks,

I've successfully converted my XML to the xdocs DTD but I'm a little
confused about the next step in generating my site.  I added the files
to site.xml in the following manner:

<myFolder label="myFolder">
<myDocument_1_3 href="1_3_SystemInterfaces.xml" label="myDocument"/>
</myFolder>

And put the actual files in the xdocs directory but when I do 'forrest'
it tells me that there is no pipeline that matches the request for each
document.  I know that pipelines are a cocoon thing so I'm guessing that
some xmap file somewhere needs to be edited.  What do I do next?  Thanks
very much.

Chris

Re: Converted xml to xdoc...now what?

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@wyona.com>.
El mar, 14-03-2006 a las 16:43 +0100, Thorsten Scherler escribió:
> El mar, 14-03-2006 a las 10:31 -0500, Woods, Christopher escribió:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > I've successfully converted my XML to the xdocs DTD but I'm a little
> > confused about the next step in generating my site.  I added the files
> > to site.xml in the following manner:
> >
> > <myFolder label="myFolder">
> > <myDocument_1_3 href="1_3_SystemInterfaces.xml" label="myDocument"/>

In addition above link href="1_3_SystemInterfaces.xml" will give you the
xml and NOT html.

You want href="1_3_SystemInterfaces.html"

salu2

--
Thorsten Scherler
COO Spain

Re: Converted xml to xdoc...now what?

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El mar, 14-03-2006 a las 10:31 -0500, Woods, Christopher escribió:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I've successfully converted my XML to the xdocs DTD but I'm a little
> confused about the next step in generating my site.  I added the files
> to site.xml in the following manner:
>
> <myFolder label="myFolder">
> <myDocument_1_3 href="1_3_SystemInterfaces.xml" label="myDocument"/>
> </myFolder>
>
> And put the actual files in the xdocs directory but when I do 'forrest'
> it tells me that there is no pipeline that matches the request for each
> document.  I know that pipelines are a cocoon thing so I'm guessing that
> some xmap file somewhere needs to be edited.  What do I do next?  Thanks
> very much.

http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/your-project.html

HTH

salu2