Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Datacom - Marcelo <ma...@datacom-telematica.com.br> on 2006/11/22 13:15:39 UTC

Embedded broker with no persistence

Hi, we are tring to start a broker for an embedded version of our
application with only on JVM and we do not use persistence at all. We
create a broker this way:

        BrokerService broker = new BrokerService();
        try {
            broker.setBrokerName("broker1");
            broker.setPersistent(false);
            broker.start();
       }....
But derby continues to run, even if we set persistence to false. Is
there a way to tell to do not start derby or any other persistence
mechanism ?

Thanks in adavance,

--
MARCELO Ribeiro

Re: Embedded broker with no persistence

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 11/22/06, Datacom - Marcelo <ma...@datacom-telematica.com.br> wrote:
> Hi, we are tring to start a broker for an embedded version of our
> application with only on JVM and we do not use persistence at all. We
> create a broker this way:
>
>         BrokerService broker = new BrokerService();
>         try {
>             broker.setBrokerName("broker1");
>             broker.setPersistent(false);
>             broker.start();
>        }....
> But derby continues to run, even if we set persistence to false. Is
> there a way to tell to do not start derby or any other persistence
> mechanism ?

I suspect you are creating some vm:// connections before the above
code runs? Otherwise Derby doesn't run.

--

James
-------