Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Pasquale Imbemba <p....@gmail.com> on 2007/06/27 09:53:28 UTC

[Axis 1] Webservice returns null in .NET client

Hi,

I have a simple web service that exposes a method called concat. This method
takes a ConcatRequest object, which has two string fields. The result of
this method is the concatenation of the two fields.
A java client that consumes the webservice works well, i.e. the return
string is the concatenation of the two fields set in the ConcatRequest
object. In .NET instead, the  client calls the method, but null is returned.
I have check with tcpmon to see if the SOAP exchanges are ok.

===Request===:
POST /Axis/services/SimpleServiceSOAP HTTP/1.1
Expect: 100-continue
Connection: Keep-Alive

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><soap:Body><concatRequest xmlns="
http://ttdev.com/ss"><s1 xmlns="">q</s1><s2
xmlns="">w</s2></concatRequest></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

===Response===:
HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 06:55:01 GMT

131

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><soapenv:Body><concatResponse
xmlns="">qw</concatResponse></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

0

I am using Axis 1 with Tomcat. I've designed the service with WTP in eclipse
and deployed using WSDD.

Any idea why the .NET client is not working?

Thanks
Pasquale