Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Paul Galbraith <pa...@paulgalbraith.net> on 2009/02/18 18:36:57 UTC

Studio is very slow

I've noticed that when accessing our directory servers, Directory Studio
(1.3.0) seems at least an order of magnitude slower than other clients (e.g.
JXplorer) when reading entries from the directory.  For example if I open a
branch that has 100 child elements, DS slowly "fetches" the child entries,
it may take 30 seconds ... JXplorer seems to be able to open the same branch
in 1 or 2 seconds.  Has anyone else noticed this?

(To be clear, the Studio application itself is very responsive, it's only
the opening of sub-branches and fetching child entries that is slow.)

Re: Studio is very slow

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
Hi Paul,

there was a bug report recently, see [1]. The problem is that for each
fetched child another search request is sent to the server.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-463