Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Richard Vowles <ri...@bluetrainsoftware.com> on 2013/02/12 01:48:47 UTC

Maven 2 tree vs Maven 3 list

Maven 3 seems to have problems with its dependency resolution. On the same
project a dependency:list returns results that are different (in terms of
scope and actual artifacts) that are different between the two requests.
The Maven 2 one is right - there is no way that our AspectJ stuff isn't
being depended on for example.

Is anyone else having these kinds of problems?

This is a diff of the two results

diff m2 m3

16d15
< com.google.protobuf:protobuf-java:jar:2.3.0:compile
18d16
< com.googlecode.json-simple:json-simple:jar:1.1:compile
51c49,50
< javax.mail:mail:jar:1.4.1:compile
---
> javax.mail:mail:jar:1.4.6:compile
> javax.persistence:persistence-api:jar:1.0:compile
55c54,55
< javax.transaction:jta:jar:1.1:compile
---
> javax.servlet:servlet-api:jar:2.4:compile
> javax.transaction:jta:jar:1.1.0:compile
58d57
< jline:jline:jar:1.0:compile
164,167c163,164
< org.apache.ant:ant-junit:jar:1.8.2:compile
< org.apache.ant:ant-launcher:jar:1.8.2:compile
< org.apache.ant:ant-trax:jar:1.7.1:compile
< org.apache.ant:ant:jar:1.8.2:compile
---
> org.apache.ant:ant-launcher:jar:1.7.1:compile
> org.apache.ant:ant:jar:1.7.1:compile
191,194d187
< org.aspectj:aspectjrt:jar:1.6.10:runtime
< org.aspectj:aspectjweaver:jar:1.6.10:runtime
< org.bouncycastle:bcpg-jdk15:jar:1.45:compile
< org.bouncycastle:bcprov-jdk15:jar:1.45:compile
196c189,191
< org.codehaus.gant:gant_groovy1.8:jar:1.9.6:compile
---
> org.coconut.forkjoin:jsr166y:jar:070108:compile
> org.codehaus.gant:gant_groovy1.7:jar:1.9.2:compile
> org.codehaus.gpars:gpars:jar:0.9:compile
208d202
< org.fusesource.jansi:jansi:jar:1.2.1:compile
219c213
< org.grails:grails-bootstrap:jar:2.0.3:compile
---
> org.grails:grails-bootstrap:jar:1.3.7:compile
245c239
< org.grails:grails-test:jar:2.0.3:test
---
> org.grails:grails-test:jar:2.0.3:compile
248c242
< org.hamcrest:hamcrest-core:jar:1.1:test
---
> org.hamcrest:hamcrest-core:jar:1.1:compile
271c265
< org.slf4j:jul-to-slf4j:jar:1.6.2:runtime
---
> org.slf4j:jul-to-slf4j:jar:1.6.2:compile
273c267
< org.slf4j:slf4j-api:jar:1.6.1:compile
---
> org.slf4j:slf4j-api:jar:1.6.2:compile
278d271
<
org.springframework.uaa:org.springframework.uaa.client:jar:1.0.1.RELEASE:compile
311c304
< xalan:serializer:jar:2.7.1:runtime
---

--
---
Richard Vowles,

Re: Maven 2 tree vs Maven 3 list

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
I moved this ticket to the dependency plugin.

/Anders

Posted by Richard Vowles <ri...@bluetrainsoftware.com>.
Ok - so is anyone actively working on it? I suspect finding what the bug is
will make it easier to create a test case for it, so if no-one else has the
time, I will find the time.

Thanks!
Richard

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.