Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brian Topping <to...@codehaus.org> on 2006/11/01 22:14:28 UTC

MNG-2626 (was Re: Plugin execution ordering within a phase)

On Nov 1, 2006, at 1:03 AM, Kenney Westerhof wrote:
> Brian Topping wrote:
>> I hope that the patch for MNG-2626 can make it in for 2.0.5, it's
>> a very simple test case that needs to be cooked for it (system
>> scope dependency in parent POM) so I'll try to get that done today
>> after all the other fires are put out (this being one of them).
>
> I'll comment on the issue - the patch is not taking the right
> approach IMHO.

I'd definitely be interested in how it could be done better in a
reasonable amount of time.  I know people are talking about other
solutions to this problem, but our team here is blocked on this
issue.  Take the patch out and our build dies.

The key goal of this patch is it is localized and easy to remove if/
when someone with a different approach decides to spend the time on
it.  I don't see any other bugs on this and can't imagine that it has
any priority.  It's just too much of an edge case.  Having said that,
I took a balance between getting the bug fixed, making it easy to
remove when the time is right, and not spending time on a solution
that others have already started.  It's a good solution given the
constraints.

I have the build that demonstrates the problem working, just waiting
for Jason to get some time to help me turn it into an integration test.

-b