Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Eric Deshayes <ed...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/24 23:18:54 UTC

[axis2]: sympletype extension as an attribute not generated

Hi,
I have tried to generate some databinding for a schema that contains that
type:
  <xsd:simpleType name="CurrencyType">
    <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
      <xsd:pattern value="[a-zA-Z]{3}" />
    </xsd:restriction>
  </xsd:simpleType>
as an attribute:

  <xsd:complexType name="TransactionType">
    <xsd:attribute name="quantity" type="xsd:nonNegativeInteger"
use="required" />
    <xsd:attribute name="price" type="xsd:decimal" use="required" />
    <xsd:attribute name="currency" type="myProj:CurrencyType" use="optional"
/>
  </xsd:complexType>

The generated class type (TransactionType.java) does not contain any
currency field.
The field only appears when the type is used as an element.
Is that feature not supported yet? Will that be supported?
Thanks in advance,
Eric

Re: [axis2]: sympletype extension as an attribute not generated

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
ADB currently supports only the basic types for attribute types.

On 1/27/07, Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please file a JIRA.
>
> On 1/24/07, Eric Deshayes <ed...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have tried to generate some databinding for a schema that contains
> that
> > type:
> >   <xsd:simpleType name="CurrencyType">
> >     <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
> >       <xsd:pattern value="[a-zA-Z]{3}" />
> >     </xsd:restriction>
> >   </xsd:simpleType>
> > as an attribute:
> >
> >   <xsd:complexType name="TransactionType">
> >     <xsd:attribute name="quantity" type="xsd:nonNegativeInteger"
> > use="required" />
> >     <xsd:attribute name="price" type="xsd:decimal" use="required" />
> >     <xsd:attribute name="currency" type="myProj:CurrencyType"
> use="optional"
> > />
> >   </xsd:complexType>
> >
> > The generated class type (TransactionType.java) does not contain any
> > currency field.
> > The field only appears when the type is used as an element.
> > Is that feature not supported yet? Will that be supported?
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Eric

Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.

Re: [axis2]: sympletype extension as an attribute not generated

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Please file a JIRA.