Posted to user@ant.apache.org by JohnA <jo...@arrizza.com> on 2001/09/25 16:38:57 UTC

copy append?

I don't see an append in the doc for the copy file. Has anyone been able to
do the equivalent of:

   copy a+b c

I'd prefer to use ant because it can use dependency checking for a & b
before (re)creating c.

John

concatenate with depends (was: copy append?)

Posted by JohnA <jo...@arrizza.com>.
I have modified ConcatenateFiles to recognize out-of-date files, i.e. I've
implemented the depends attribute. If anyone wants it, let me know and I'll
post it here or send a private email.

John
(john.mlist1@arrizza.com)

RE: copy append?

Posted by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com>.
--- JohnA <jo...@arrizza.com> wrote:
> [...]

Someone started putting something together on Sourcforge -- check the
ant-user archive. Not sure what the policy would be for putting something
through that someone else wrote and just posted to the list rather than
offering it to be committed. (Actually, the task in question is
non-controversial enuf it probably could be committed to optional if it
had been submitted to ant-dev [along with documentation and tests] --
maybe check with the author.)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)