Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com> on 2012/02/20 00:42:19 UTC

FLUME-978 - Context interface is too basic requiring boilerplate user code

Hi,

In FLUME-978, I make the case that the Context object should provide a
few convenience methods and store types internally the same way the
data will be store externally (properties file) as Strings.

I am looking for comment on this before writing a patch as I think the method:

get(String key, Class<? extends T> clazz)

will need to be removed and this would touch a large number of lines of code.

Cheers,
Brock

Re: FLUME-978 - Context interface is too basic requiring boilerplate user code

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@cloudera.com>.
+1 Brock. I don't see any problem in removing the get(String, Class) method.

Thanks,
Arvind

Posted by juhani connolly <ju...@cyberagent.co.jp>.