Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alistair Young <al...@smo.uhi.ac.uk> on 2005/02/28 18:00:37 UTC

Propagating errors from a PlugIn to a jsp

Is there any way for a PlugIn to get exception messages up to a jsp?

I have a PlugIn that initialises a system object that does important
work. If the PlugIn can't start the background process running, I'd
like to use <html:errors /> in the index.jsp, so when Tomcat starts,
the first page will display any errors the PlugIn encountered.

thanks,
Alistair

Re: Propagating errors from a PlugIn to a jsp

Posted by Alistair Young <al...@smo.uhi.ac.uk>.
thanks for that Erik,
I think I'll bung some Bean methods into the PlugIn and do a small tag
library for JSPs to use. I don't want any code in the JSP, just tags.
thanks,
Alistair

--
Alistair Young