Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Kartheek Hirode <ka...@centegy.com> on 2001/04/07 04:48:43 UTC

"Header" in Response object

Hello all,

Does the Response.getHeader(...) on the client return the Header that was
set
on the RPCRouter? It seems to be returning a null object for me.
Do I need to set the encodingStyleURI to some specific value if I have
stuff in the Header? I have a couple of String attributes in the Header
object,
so I am assuming the Serialization should be fine.

Thanks,
--KH

RE: "Header" in Response object

Posted by Kartheek Hirode <ka...@centegy.com>.
1) Use the Response constructor:
	Response(targetObjectURI, methodName,
 	returnValue, params, Header header, encodingStyleURI)
2) Use the Response.setHeader(...) method

But, of course, neither of these carry the Header data back to
the client....hasn't worked for me, atleast....this was
my original question.

Am still debugging and looking around for answers.
--KH

Actually, I have similar question, instead of an answer.

How can I put a Header in my RPC response message at the server side. I can
put the Header at the client side when a construct the Call Object. However,
it seems that there is no place that I can squeeze in the Header at my
server
side response.

Kartheek Hirode wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Does the Response.getHeader(...) on the client return the Header that was
> set
> on the RPCRouter? It seems to be returning a null object for me.
> Do I need to set the encodingStyleURI to some specific value if I have
> stuff in the Header? I have a couple of String attributes in the Header
> object,
> so I am assuming the Serialization should be fine.
>
> Thanks,
> --KH

William Leung
Nortel Networks
Tel 972-684-4073 (ESN 444)  Fax 972-684-3986
Email wleung@nortelnetworks.com
2380 Performance Drive G72/01/A50
Richardson TX 75082 USA

RE: "Header" in Response object