Posted to user@uima.apache.org by "RYAN C. CORNIA" <ry...@utah.edu> on 2014/01/23 21:58:48 UTC

UIMA AS 2.4.2 -> Listener.onBeforeMessageSend(UimaASProcessStatus status)

We’ve been using UIMA AS 2.4.0, with a listener that counts CASes as they are sent via the Listener.onBeforeMessageSend(UimaASProcessStatus status) method.

We then compare the count with the received count in collectionProcessComplete(EntityProcessStatus aStatus) to make sure the listener has received all of the CASes it sent before exiting. Otherwise, if the listener is slow, a collectionProcessComplete message can be received before the final entityProcessComplete() method is called for the last CASes.

This worked in 2.4.0, but in 2.4.2, I am finding the onBeforeMessageSend(status) method is called once for ever CAS (as it should be),but then one additional time on the last CAS. So, my count is off because I send 12 CAS, but the counter registers 13 when the onBeforeMessageSend(status) is called twice on the last document.

Any ideas why it would be called twice on the last document for a listener? It is a change in 2.4.2 that was not there in 2.4.0.

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: UIMA AS 2.4.2 -> Listener.onBeforeMessageSend(UimaASProcessStatus status)

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
No concrete date but its a matter of weeks not months.

Jerry

Posted by "RYAN C. CORNIA" <ry...@utah.edu>.
Thanks Jerry.

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.