Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Deep Purohit <hu...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/18 07:32:41 UTC

Dynamic ports by servicemix

I configured ports for RMI and activemq in servicemix.properties to use
predefined ports.
When i run servicemix without any components in hotdeploy folder, servicemix
uses some dynamic ports other than configured rmi port, how can i configure
those to use custom ports.

following are the dynamic ports used by servicemix

TCP *:40421 (LISTEN)
TCP *:sua (LISTEN)
TCP *:59548 (LISTEN)

I want all the ports used by servicemix to be custom ports.

Re: Dynamic ports by servicemix

Posted by jb...@nanthrax.net.
Sorry guys, I'm quite busy with smx 3.4.
I will take a look during the week end.

Regards
JB
Posted by Deep Purohit <hu...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Shivs <si...@gmail.com>.
You can try taking a heap dump and try finding out the classes opening the
port..

I tried the same and found that the following classes opening the port in my
case,
Port1: javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIServerImpl_Stub
Port2: sun.rmi.transport.DGCImpl_Stub
Port3: com.ibm.rmi.iiop.GIOPImpl

from the listed ports, Port3 seems to be opened bcoz of RMI-IIOP call, so I
configured a listener port-com.ibm.CORBA.ListenerPort to a default port.. So
I managed to fix Port3 to a fixed value..
But still no clues for Port1 and Port2...

I would suggest you to go through Static Port configuration for RMI .. It
may fix your issue..

Good luck.

Re: Dynamic ports by servicemix

Posted by Deep Purohit <hu...@gmail.com>.
No not till now.. I did some changes in the settings also but was not able to
figure out.

Re: Dynamic ports by servicemix

Posted by Shivs <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Deep Purohit <hu...@gmail.com>.
We are using Servicemix 3.3.2

Re: Dynamic ports by servicemix

Posted by Deep Purohit <hu...@gmail.com>.
we already commented out q

we checked open ports using following command

lsof -i | grep <Servicemix PID> | grep LISTEN

>From Thread stack traces we were able to figure out
one thread using dynamic port see below details of the thread stack

Printing thread information
"RMI RenewClean-[10.58.121.180:59548]" Id=23 in TIMED_WAITING on
lock=java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue$Lock@66c360a5
    at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue.remove(Unknown Source)
    at
sun.rmi.transport.DGCClient$EndpointEntry$RenewCleanThread.run(Unknown
Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Re: Dynamic ports by servicemix

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

In addition of the servicemix.properties, one port is defined in the
activemq.xml by default (in the transportConnector section).

I'm gonna make a startup of SMX3 to check if I see the same ports as you.

Regards
JB