Posted to user@drill.apache.org by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com> on 2015/12/08 20:58:16 UTC

Silly question about ODBC/JDBC Connections

You would think this question would be easier to search for.... but I
struggled. Perhaps my googlefu is off to day... I did hear a strange "Bing"
behind me...

Anywho: Are Drill ODBC and JDBC Connections encrypted? If so, just the
User/Pass exchanges or the whole thing? (data too?)

Thanks!

John

Re: Silly question about ODBC/JDBC Connections

Posted by Parth Chandra <pa...@apache.org>.
Neither is encrypted. Support for SSL has been discussed, but not been
implemented. I believe it is not too hard to turn on SSL support for JDBC
but ODBC might be a trickier implementation.
There is one related JIRA for this -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-2496.