Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by santiagoloso <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/12 20:42:29 UTC

Once again: remote testing problems

I've followed this tutorial:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/jmeter_distributed_testing_step_by_step.pdf

I've started jmeter-server.bat on the server machine. I've setted the the
port to 1100 (for some reason 1099 was in use, according to command line) on
both machines (jmeter-server.bat on the server side, jmeter.properties on
the client). I've also added the IP address on the last file, on remote
hosts line. But connection is being refused.

Checked firewalls, both are disabled. Log file on the client side says:

2009/03/12 16:47:56 ERROR - jmeter.gui.action.RemoteStart: Failed to
initialise remote engine java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to
host: 172.31.112.59; nested exception is:
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.newCall(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
	at java.rmi.Naming.lookup(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine.getEngine(ClientJMeterEngine.java:52)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine.<init>(ClientJMeterEngine.java:56)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.RemoteStart.doRemoteInit(RemoteStart.java:162)
	at org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.RemoteStart.doAction(RemoteStart.java:74)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.ActionRouter.performAction(ActionRouter.java:80)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.ActionRouter.access$000(ActionRouter.java:42)
	at org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.ActionRouter$1.run(ActionRouter.java:59)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
	at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown
Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown
Source)
	... 20 more

Also tried to telnet <serverip>:1100 and it says:

Connecting To 172.31.112.59:1100...Could not open connection to the host, on
port 23: Connect failed

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Once again: remote testing problems

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 12/03/2009, santiagoloso <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>  Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
>         at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown
>  Source)
>         at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown
>  Source)
>         ... 20 more
>
>  Also tried to telnet <serverip>:1100 and it says:
>
>  Connecting To 172.31.112.59:1100...Could not open connection to the host, on

Either server is not running on port 1100 or you cannot connect to the
host, or port 1100 is blocked by router.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Please start a new thread for a new question.

database 3937 (20090314) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 3937 (20090314) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: Once again: remote testing problems

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 13/03/2009, santiagoloso <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Yes, you were right. My telnet syntax was wrong. I've tried again and it says
>  that telnet connection is refused on the port selected(JMeter server is
>  running on the server machine).
>
>  Any idea of what could it be?

Same answer as before - try running the additional commands suggested.

Posted by santiagoloso <sa...@gmail.com>.