Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by David Schulberg <Da...@objectconsulting.com.au> on 2007/09/19 04:08:52 UTC

Capturing response data from a test run

Hi,

I am running a performance test suite on a scheduled basis and would like to capture response data to file so that I can examine responses for requests wherever assertions failed. I thought that would happen in 'View Results Tree' when I ticked the 'Response Date' checkbox in 'Sample Result Save Configuration'. However no response date is saved.

Regards,
David Schulberg

Object Consulting | Senior Consultant
email: david.schulberg@objectconsulting.com.au
consulting | development | training | support
our experience makes the difference

Re: Capturing response data from a test run

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 19/09/2007, David Schulberg <Da...@objectconsulting.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running a performance test suite on a scheduled basis and would like to capture response data to file so that I can examine responses for requests wherever assertions failed. I thought that would happen in 'View Results Tree' when I ticked the 'Response Date' checkbox in 'Sample Result Save Configuration'. However no response date is saved.

I assume you mean data, not date here.

Response Data is only saved if the output format is XML.

You could add a Simple Data Writer, set it to save failed responses
only, and make sure that it saves in XML.