Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Don Stinchfield <de...@rbii.com> on 2002/08/15 07:28:27 UTC

Usage question on HTML Parameter Mask

I would like to loop through a two request sequence where
each request in the loop has a parameter called "pId". The
value for pId must remain the same on each iteration.
I want a new value for pId on each iteration of the loop.

I tried this:

   Thread
      Loop Controller
         Request 1 (pId=*)
         Request 2 (pId=*)
         HTML Parameter Mask (pId=rbiiuser_n, where n is replaced by
            a number starting with 0; ex, rbiiuser_0, rbiiuser_1, ...)

I was hoping that an iteration of the loop would produce
   request 1 with pId=rbiiuser_0
   request 2 with pId=rbiiuser_0

Instead I get
   request 1 with pId=rbiiuser_0
   request 2 with pId=rbiiuser_1

I can workaround around this situation by doing the following

   Thread
      Loop Controller
         Simple Controller
            Request 1 (pId=*)
            HTML Parameter Mask
         Simple Controller
            Request 2 (pId=*)
            HTML Parameter Mask

The workaround becomes unmanageable as I add more masks and requests.

Is there another way to get this done?

Regards,
Don

Re: Usage question on HTML Parameter Mask

Posted by Jordi Salvat i Alabart <js...@atg.com>.
Also be aware that your workaround will fail if you go multi-threaded.

The explanation is very simple but very difficult to put in prose...
surely you can think of it yourself.

Salut,

Jordi.

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
No, there is no other way currently.  That is why there are two enhancement
requests having to do with this sort of scenario.

You aren't the only one who wants this.

-Mike

On 15 Aug 2002 at 1:28, Don Stinchfield wrote:

> I would like to loop through a two request sequence where
> each request in the loop has a parameter called "pId". The
> value for pId must remain the same on each iteration.
> I want a new value for pId on each iteration of the loop.
>
> I tried this:
>
>    Thread
>       Loop Controller
>          Request 1 (pId=*)
>          Request 2 (pId=*)
>          HTML Parameter Mask (pId=rbiiuser_n, where n is replaced by
>             a number starting with 0; ex, rbiiuser_0, rbiiuser_1, ...)
>
> I was hoping that an iteration of the loop would produce
>    request 1 with pId=rbiiuser_0
>    request 2 with pId=rbiiuser_0
>
> Instead I get
>    request 1 with pId=rbiiuser_0
>    request 2 with pId=rbiiuser_1
>
> I can workaround around this situation by doing the following
>
>    Thread
>       Loop Controller
>          Simple Controller
>             Request 1 (pId=*)
>             HTML Parameter Mask
>          Simple Controller
>             Request 2 (pId=*)
>             HTML Parameter Mask
>
> The workaround becomes unmanageable as I add more masks and requests.
>
> Is there another way to get this done?
>
> Regards,
> Don

Michael Stover