Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Susan Bradeen <Su...@softlanding.com> on 2004/03/09 19:18:00 UTC

Successful 1.2.0 testing

Hi Everyone,

Had time to download Struts 1.2.0 Test Build (2/25/04) and test our
application this morning.

Windows 2000
J2EE 1.3
WebSphere Application Server 4.0 (Servlet 2.2) and WAS 5.0 (Servlet 2.3).

Basically all works fine ... only one glitch concerning a DynaActionForm.
My application expects the dyna-form property values to be reset to null,
and it appears that they are now reset to blank. I assume there must have
been a change to reset them to blank? Adding a Reset() method in the form
class and setting the properties to null easily fixes this for my case.

I haven't had time to keep up with the changes 1.2.0 will bring forth, so
I basically blindly dropped the new Struts files into my development
environment and kicked off my web app test suite (testing on each server).
Aside from the (expected) hundreds of (ActionError) deprecation messages,
I was happy to find very few issues. Actually, only the one I already
mentioned.

Many thanks for your continuing efforts in Struts development.
___
Susan Bradeen
SoftLanding Systems, Inc
susanb@softlanding.com