Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Bharath Ganesh <bh...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/17 13:29:41 UTC

Spring dependency

Hi

Is there a neat way to completely remove CXF dependecny on Spring.?  Assume
I take care of all initializations and injections and use CXFBus. In such a
case, is there a way to remove Spring. I could still see some dependency.

Also why is the JBI dependecny needed. I tried removing jbi jars and got
some issues. I think we need to have a doc explaining all these
dependencies.

Any suggestions would be of great help.

-Bharath

Re: Spring dependency

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
If you're using Maven you would just need to exclude the spring jars:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
  <artifactId>cxf-foo</artifactId>
  <excludes>
     <exclude>
       <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
       <artifactId>spring-beans</artifactId>
     </exclude>
... exclude other spring dependencies here
  </excludes>
</dependency>

Otherwise just leave Spring off your classpath and you'll be good to go!

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions