Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by JD Daniels <jd...@datatrio.com> on 2003/03/04 20:38:14 UTC

Sunrise component help

Hi everyone.

I have what is probably a few simple questions.. I am pretty sure I am just
not understanding a few basic concepts.

I have been searching and reading up on the sunrise components and I have a
few questions I can't seem to answer for myself:

1.) When will the portal generator be a part of the cocoon dist? (All the
info I have found seems to contradict itself... The company that made it
seems to say that it has been in a production environment for over a year,
but the cocoon docs say it is still alpha.. in the scratchpad)

2.) Why is the portal generator so involved with the authentication? ie, I
want to make a public portal, and only protect the customize pipeline. (I
have the sunshine demo up and running, and have changed it to what i need, I
have the portlets built, etc)

3.) Is there any docs or personal articles that are a little more recent
than a year old? It must have moved along somewhat in that time.

Thanks,
JD

Re: Sunrise component help

Posted by JD Daniels <jd...@datatrio.com>.
Ah It makes sense now. I was banging my head trying to get the portal
generator to work outside an auth-action.
There's the basic concept I was missing :)

JD

RE: Sunrise component help

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

There is no official release yet, you have to use the latest cvs.

Carsten

RE: Sunrise component help

Posted by Tony Linde <ae...@star.le.ac.uk>.
Carsten,

> The portal and the authentication framework are not alpha
> anymore. With the next release (either 2.0.5 or 2.1) they
> will be part of the distribution.

Is there a stable-ish development release that includes all the new
features of the portal which can be downloaded or do we have to take the
latest dev release and cross our fingers?

Thanks,
Tony.

RE: Sunrise component help

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.