Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Steve Jovanovic <st...@noumenaut.com> on 2003/04/17 06:17:54 UTC

Struts Study Group

Hello,

I'm posting to see if there's any interest in a small Struts study
group.

All of Noumenaut's web-based development work is done using Struts.
Recently, we took on a few people who aren't familiar with Struts and
want to learn.

My thought was that since we only have a couple of people internally who
don't know Struts and we can't spare the resources to have our senior
people delay development tasks to prepare presentations, I'd ask if
anyone here is interested.

What would be really nice is to have a couple of people who know Struts
inside and out to give weekly lectures and an assignment (to be
completed the following week) on Struts. And, over the course of ten
weeks, say, the goal would be to bring the developer new to Struts up to
speed on the framework.

Another very important goal is to be able to make all of the presenters'
lecture materials available to the wider developer community via the
web. Noumenaut would be glad to act as permanent host for these
materials, which would be copyrighted by the presenters and distributed
under an Open Source license.

This is a lot of work-both for the presenters, and for the students. But
I think it could be highly fruitful, giving senior developers a chance
to distill their knowledge so that others may benefit, and giving
developers new to Struts the opportunity to learn from the masters.

If you're interested, either as a presenter or a student, please let me
know. If there's sufficient interest, I'll allocate some of our internal
resources to help make this happen.

Thanks very much!

Steve

Noumenaut Studios

Steve Jovanovic
Director of Engineering
Noumenaut Software
(262) 632-7755

Re: Struts Study Group

Posted by Buics <rb...@pc.ntep.nec.co.jp>.
Steve,

I interested being a struts remote student.
I'm from Philippines, so I can only participate in a remote way.

Best regards,
Buics