Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Rui Fernando Hayashi <ru...@tecsinapse.com.br> on 2010/10/01 16:14:45 UTC

Exception handling for components inside a page

I have a Wicket page which is a dashboard composed of a number of
panels. The actual panels are only known in runtime and are added to a
RepeatingView. That's because I have a modular application, and each
module can contribute panels to the dashboard. The modularity issue is
well solved and working as expected. My problem is when any of the
panels throws an Exception. In that case Wicket directs me to my error
page. I would like to be able to handle the exception on the panel
level and just replace the panel area with some error notification,
but the other panels would still be shown. That way I have to find out
what's going on with that panel, but the users can still use the rest
of the dashboard.

Is there any hook point where I could include a handler? I can control
the instantiation of the panel, but I would still have to handle any
exception during the render phase, but I can't figure out where I
could do this.

Best Regards

--
Rui Fernando Hayashi

Re: Exception handling for components inside a page

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
no, there isnt. exceptions that occur during render time are very hard
to recover from. what you can do is place every panel into an iframe.

-igor