Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Aidan Delaney <ad...@cs.may.ie> on 2003/10/31 12:50:43 UTC

Converting A0 size SVG to A0 size pdf

Hi all,
	I'm trying to convert an A0 size SVG (1189mm x 841mm) into an
equivalent size pdf.  Unfortunatly batik sets the PDF page size to A4.
How can I set the page size to A0 given that Batiks width and height
parameters only take pixel sizes?

I'm not subscribed to the list, so please mail any replys to me
offlist.

--
Thank you,
Aidan Delaney.

Re: Converting A0 size SVG to A0 size pdf

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Aidan Delaney wrote:
> Thomas,
>
>>    You should set the width and height attributes on the outermost
>> SVG element to the desired width and height.
>
> I've done this.  My problem is that Batik defaults the PDF page size to
> what looks like A4.  I've downsized my SVG to A4 (by changing the
> outermost width and height) and batik rasterizes it onto a single A4
> page.  But again when I set the outermost SVG element to have width
> 1189mm and height 841mm, I get a reasterized PDF of the upper left (a4)
> corner of my SVG.

   There was a mismatch in the units used.  This is now fixed in CVS.

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Aidan Delaney wrote:

>     I'm trying to convert an A0 size SVG (1189mm x 841mm) into an
> equivalent size pdf.  Unfortunatly batik sets the PDF page size to A4.
> How can I set the page size to A0 given that Batiks width and height
> parameters only take pixel sizes?

Hi Aidan,

    You should set the width and height attributes on the outermost
SVG element to the desired width and height.

> I'm not subscribed to the list, so please mail any replys to me  offlist.

   Hurumph.