Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by "Edwards, Jonathan" <Jo...@Staples.com> on 2013/09/05 01:45:20 UTC

Resetting 'admin' password

I've gone and forgotten my 'admin' password. What is the recommended approach to resetting the password (using the default postgres database)? I can't find anything in the documentation – I can't tell if the value in the database is hashed or encrypted.

Jonathan Edwards
Technical Architect
Senior Systems Engineering Consultant

Staples, Inc.
1 Environmental Way | Broomfield, CO 80021

Phone: 303.664.3256 (Desk) | 303.903.6240 (Cell) | E-Mail: Jonathan.Edwards@Staples.com<ma...@cexp.com> | Blog: joedward<http://connections.staples.com/blogs/joedward/> | Wiki:JonathanEdwards<http://wiki.cexp.com:7001/twiki/bin/view/Main/JonathanEdwards> | IM: joedward@im.staples.com<ma...@im.cexp.com>

The information contained in this email transmission and any attachments is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated named herein.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document and its attachment in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and return and delete the original message immediately.  Thank you.

[cid:image001.jpg@01C99348.6D55AEB0]

Re: the contrib folder

Posted by Aaron Cody <ac...@hexiscyber.com>.
never mind .. I think I just found it in contrib/addons/package/rpm

From:  Aaron Cody <ac...@hexiscyber.com>
Date:  Friday, September 6, 2013 12:22 PM
To:  "ambari-user@incubator.apache.org" <am...@incubator.apache.org>
Subject:  the contrib folder

so I've been adding things to the nagios plugin in the contrib folder, but
the modified plugin isn't making it to the nagios that ambari installs..
I'm thinking you folks built nagios and it's just pulling it down from your
yum repo every timeŠ without my additions of course.
So I guess I need to rebuild the nagios rpm to include my changes?

Q: how did you build nagios? (and ganglia for that matter) .. is there an
rpm build script somewhere?

TIA

the contrib folder

Re: Resetting 'admin' password

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Edwards,
  Here is a procedure to reset the password:

1. Stop Ambari server
2. Log on to ambari server host shell
3. Run 'psql -U ambari-server ambari'
4. Enter password ****  (this password is stored in
/etc/ambari-server/conf/password.dat)
5. In psql:
update ambari.users set
user_password='538916f8943ec225d97a9a86a2c6ec0818c1cd400e09e03b660fdaaec4af29ddbb6f2b1033b81b00'
where user_name='admin'
6. Quit psql
7. Run 'ambari-server restart'

Note: The password used in step 5 is the encrypted form of 'admin'.

thanks
mahadev

Jonathan.Edwards@Staples.com | Blog: joedward | Wiki:JonathanEdwards | IM:
joedward@im.staples.com