Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Manish Mathuria <mm...@yahoo.com> on 2005/09/16 23:55:19 UTC

Is this a bug in webservices (SOAP) request sampler

I am trying to substitute a value in the input XML. This variable is saved as a postprocessing  parameter. Logging shows that this variable is saved correctly.

When the input XML is part of SOAP/RPC data box like (note variable ${search_context}, things are fine, the value of the variable gets substituted. But when this content is saved as a file and specified in either filename or messagefolder, the value does not get substituted.

-> sample content attached.....

Manish

<S:Envelope S:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:S="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:a="http://tempuri.org/com.stratify.datahub.mdt.common.MDTServiceImpl" xmlns:XS="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:XI="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
 <S:Body>
 <a:closeFetch>
  <arg0 XI:type="XS:string">${search_context}</arg0>
  </a:closeFetch>
  </S:Body>
  </S:Envelope>

Yahoo! for Good

Re: Is this a bug in webservices (SOAP) request sampler

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
the way it is currently implemented, the sampler parses the XML to a DOM
document and re-uses it. to get it to work that way would need an
enhancement. please file an enhancement and I'll take a look

thanks for reporting it

peter