Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Chetana Anand <ch...@aztecsoft.com> on 2006/02/21 07:46:12 UTC

OutOfMemory Exception

Hi all,

            I am trying out a Login scenario for 3 users/sec in the
non-gui mode. The parameters that are passed are:

Threads = 3600

RampUp = 1200

Duration = 1200

After the execution of 230 threads, jmeter throws an "OutOfMemory
Exception". The log files say "unable to create new native thread".

The test is running fine for 2 users/sec for the same duration(20 min).

Part of the log file is shown below:

2006/02/21 11:35:47 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Thread Thread
Group 1-226 started

2006/02/21 11:35:47 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Thread Thread
Group 1-226 is done

2006/02/21 11:35:47 INFO  - jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine: Ending
thread 225

2006/02/21 11:35:47 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Thread Thread
Group 1-227 started

2006/02/21 11:35:47 ERROR - jmeter.util.BeanShellInterpreter: Error
invoking bsh method source

            at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor11.invoke(Unknown
Source)

            at
Impl.java:25)

            at
org.apache.jmeter.util.BeanShellInterpreter.bshInvoke(BeanShellInterpret
er.java:136)

            at
org.apache.jmeter.util.BeanShellInterpreter.source(BeanShellInterpreter.
java:185)

            at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.java.sampler.BeanShellSampler.sample(BeanShel
lSampler.java:138)

            at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:247)

            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Caused by: Sourced file: ../TestScripts/login//login.bsh : Method
Invocation runtime.delegate : at Line: 60 : in file:
../TestScripts/login//login.bsh : runtime .delegate ( "TEST" ,
Identifier , uniqueId , description , paramList )

Target exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new
native thread

            at bsh.BSHMethodInvocation.eval(Unknown Source)

            at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(Unknown Source)

            at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(Unknown Source)

            at bsh.BSHBlock.evalBlock(Unknown Source)

            at bsh.BSHBlock.eval(Unknown Source)

            at bsh.BSHBlock.eval(Unknown Source)

            at bsh.BSHTryStatement.eval(Unknown Source)

            at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Unknown Source)

            at bsh.Interpreter.source(Unknown Source)

            at bsh.Interpreter.source(Unknown Source)

            ... 8 more

Can anybody throw light on what the problem is...

Regards,

Chetana.

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, contains confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and is subject to legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email

Re: OutOfMemory Exception

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
That is way too many threads.

S.