Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/30 17:47:25 UTC

Timeout experience

Apache 2.2.11

I am reviewing the timeout values in worker.properties because
currently if one node out of so many other nodes in a jboss cluster
reboots or dies then we see that connection piles up on the web
server. It looks like it's because of retries and and prepost_timeout
that lot of requests hang. What I am looking for is correct settings
that will take worker out of service if node is not reachable and
pings every 7 seconds if node is up or not.

These are my current settings and I think this is what I need to do

change:

worker.host2533.type=ajp13
worker.host2533.port=8009
worker.host2533.host=host2533
worker.host2533.socket_timeout=5
worker.host2533.socket_keepalive=true
worker.host2533.prepost_timeout=5
worker.host2533.connect_timeout=5000
worker.host2533.retries=3
worker.host2533.recycle_timeout=900

to - basically remove retries so that it doesn't cause long hangs when
server is down.

worker.host2533.type=ajp13
worker.host2533.port=8009
worker.host2533.host=host2533
worker.host2533.socket_keepalive=true
worker.host2533.connect_timeout=5000
worker.host2533.recycle_timeout=900

I don't see a value in connector timeout manual that checks every 7
sec and leave worker out of service for 7 secs. Could you please let
me know if mod_jk timeout configuration support such a thing that I am
trying to do?

Re: Timeout experience

Posted by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com>.
yes I realize it now :)