Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Charlie Hubbard <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/18 18:14:15 UTC

ActiveMQ, JCR, Lucene required for James?

I'm trying to take out some of the dependencies on James to get it down to
the smallest set of jars.  What are ActiveMQ, JCR, and Lucene used for?  Is
it core to the system or are they used for optional features of James?  I
really only need SMTP features and the maillet container.  I don't think
I'll be using any of the default Mailets included.

Could these dependencies be taken out?

Thanks
Charlie

Re: ActiveMQ, JCR, Lucene required for James?

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
Right or if you really also want to get rid of ActiveMQ you could also
write your own MailQueue implementation which don't use ActiveMQ.

Bye,
Norman

Posted by Nitin Gupta <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
ActiveMQ is needed for the mail spooling, so it must remain.
JCR and Lucene can be removed if you the JPA (database) or Maildir mailbox.

Eric

--
Eric