Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com> on 2007/09/04 02:43:47 UTC

To attract more committers, write more architecture doc?

http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/cxf-architecture.html could get bigger.

Re: To attract more committers, write more architecture doc?

Posted by "Jeff.Yu" <je...@iona.com>.
When it comes to the Interceptor, actually I'd like we can have
class-level comment for interceptors, now in the CXF, we are having lots
of interceptors, but very small of them have class-level comment. I
think it would be very helpful for people to know better what this
interceptor does if we have class-level comment, the comment doesn't
need to be verbose.

Thanks
Jeff

Liu, Jervis wrote:
> 5). how to write an interceptor. We've already had a sample to show how to write a stream intercetor, but this information is not enough for a CXF committer. I would like to see more documents on the interceptor's phase(addBefore/addAfter), stateless interceptor VS stateful interceptor, how intercetors are contributed from bus/endpoint/service, sub-interceptor chain (ending interceptors), how fault handing works in the interceptor chain(how to properly throw exceptions from interceptors, faultChain) etc.
>
> Oh, by the way, I think I can do this part, though it does not sound like a very easy job. ;-)
>
> Cheers,
> Jervis

>>> 2. How to write a new binding

Posted by "Liu, Jervis" <jl...@iona.com>.
5). how to write an interceptor. We've already had a sample to show how to write a stream intercetor, but this information is not enough for a CXF committer. I would like to see more documents on the interceptor's phase(addBefore/addAfter), stateless interceptor VS stateful interceptor, how intercetors are contributed from bus/endpoint/service, sub-interceptor chain (ending interceptors), how fault handing works in the interceptor chain(how to properly throw exceptions from interceptors, faultChain) etc.

Oh, by the way, I think I can do this part, though it does not sound like a very easy job. ;-)

Cheers,
Jervis

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

Re: To attract more committers, write more architecture doc?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

My big one:

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: To attract more committers, write more architecture doc?

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@mulesource.com>.
Benson Margulies wrote:
> http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/cxf-architecture.html could get bigger.

IMO, It'd probably be really good to add a couple focused guides:
1. How to write a conduit/destination
2. How to write a new binding
3. How to add more WS-* support

Anyone want to help with that? :-)