Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/12 17:02:15 UTC

Including JAXWS annotated POJOs within AAR files

Hi Folks,
Is it possible to include JAXWS annotated POJOs within AAR files? My concern
is, whether the JAXWS deployer get called when the AAR deployer notices that
annotated services have been included in the AAR file.

--
Thanks
Afkham Azeez

Blog: http://afkham.org
Developer Portal: http://www.wso2.org
WSAS Blog: http://wso2wsas.blogspot.com
Company: http://wso2.com
GPG Fingerprint: 643F C2AF EB78 F886 40C9 B2A2 4AE2 C887 665E 0760

Re: Including JAXWS annotated POJOs within AAR files

Posted by Lahiru Sandakith <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Deepal/Azeez ,

This was not the case when I saw the POJO Deployer, when I am looking at the
JAXWS deployment. The code was there in a way to call the JAXWS MR, if it
see any annotated calsses at the deployment time...

When I see the POJO Depoyer now the code was still the same.  [1]

** Finally My thoughts on this debatable topic : This is a trade off with
doing the right thing (JAXWS Spec defined service/ It seems very complex it
to map it to our deployment mechanism with out any serious change introduced
to it/ Also to get passing the TCK and get the compliance etc..) and doing
what the users wants/Simplicity ( Annotated Pojo -> in to Axis2 Service in
no time..).

Thanks

Lahiru Sandakith Gallege

[1]

*private* AxisService createAxisService.....

        *try* {
            Class pojoClass = Loader.loadClass(classLoader, className);
            axisService = (AxisService) mthod.invoke(claxx, pojoClass);
            *if* (axisService != *null*) {
                Iterator operations = axisService.getOperations();
                *while* (operations.hasNext()) {
                    AxisOperation axisOperation = (AxisOperation)
operations.next();
                    *if* (axisOperation.getMessageReceiver() == *null*) {
                        *try* {
                            Class jaxwsMR = Loader.loadClass(

*"org.apache.axis2.jaxws.server.JAXWSMessageReceiver"*);
                            MessageReceiver jaxwsMRInstance =
                                    (MessageReceiver) jaxwsMR.newInstance();

axisOperation.setMessageReceiver(jaxwsMRInstance); <----- LSG :So that
it call's the JAXWS MR.. with the axis2 service.
                        } *catch* (Exception e) {
                            log.debug(*"Error occurde while loading
JAXWSMessageReceiver for "*
                                    + className );
                        }
                    }
                }
            }

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>wrote:

> Nope this is not possible  , if you deploy your service as an aar file.
> Then you will not be able to use JAXWS MRs.
>
> -Deepal
>
> Afkham Azeez wrote:
> > Where have all the JAXWS devs gone?
> >
> > Azeez
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Afkham Azeez <afkham@gmail.com
> > <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi Folks,
> >     Is it possible to include JAXWS annotated POJOs within AAR files?
> >     My concern is, whether the JAXWS deployer get called when the AAR
> >     deployer notices that annotated services have been included in the
> >     AAR file.
> >
> >     --
> >     Thanks
> >     Afkham Azeez
> >
> >     Blog: http://afkham.org
> >     Developer Portal: http://www.wso2.org
> >     WSAS Blog: http://wso2wsas.blogspot.com
> >     Company: http://wso2.com
> >     GPG Fingerprint: 643F C2AF EB78 F886 40C9 B2A2 4AE2 C887 665E 0760
> >

> > --
> > Thanks
> > Afkham Azeez
> >
> > Blog: http://afkham.org
> > Developer Portal: http://www.wso2.org
> > WSAS Blog: http://wso2wsas.blogspot.com
> > Company: http://wso2.com
> > GPG Fingerprint: 643F C2AF EB78 F886 40C9 B2A2 4AE2 C887 665E 0760

Thanks
Lahiru Sandakith Gallege

http://sandakith.wordpress.com/
GPG Key Fingerprint : 8CD8 68E0 4CBC 75CB 25BC 1AB1 FE5E 7464 1F01 9A0F

Re: Including JAXWS annotated POJOs within AAR files

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.