Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <bp...@f2network.com.au> on 2004/04/23 02:02:59 UTC

[vote] minor separation of jelly tag libs in maven 1.0

Something dion raised a while back, but I propose that we do the following
for RC3:

- Create a subdirectory (new project) maven-jelly-tags in the existing maven
CVS tree
- copy maven/src/java/org/apache/maven/jelly/tags/maven/* and
maven/src/java/org/apache/maven/jelly/tags/BaseTag*.java + package.html to
the new project's source directory
- leave werkz and jeez where they are as they aren't reusable and are
terribly tightly coupled to the plugin manager.
- release maven-jelly-tags-1.0.jar and add as a dependency to the current
Maven distro.

It is fully backwards compatible, and will help avoid the problem of tying
the tags to the core. The only problem would be if someone is depending on
maven.jar and using these tags outside of Maven which I find highly
unlikely!

I'm prepared to do the work on this.

+1 from me.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
Team Leader, Core Systems

Re: [vote] minor separation of jelly tag libs in maven 1.0

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
> Something dion raised a while back, but I propose that we do the following
> for RC3:
>
> - Create a subdirectory (new project) maven-jelly-tags in the existing
maven
> CVS tree
> - copy maven/src/java/org/apache/maven/jelly/tags/maven/* and
> maven/src/java/org/apache/maven/jelly/tags/BaseTag*.java + package.html to
> the new project's source directory
> - leave werkz and jeez where they are as they aren't reusable and are
> terribly tightly coupled to the plugin manager.
> - release maven-jelly-tags-1.0.jar and add as a dependency to the current
> Maven distro.
>
> It is fully backwards compatible, and will help avoid the problem of tying
> the tags to the core. The only problem would be if someone is depending on
> maven.jar and using these tags outside of Maven which I find highly
> unlikely!
>
> I'm prepared to do the work on this.
>
> +1 from me.

+1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 20:02, Brett Porter wrote:
> Something dion raised a while back, but I propose that we do the following
> for RC3:
>
> - Create a subdirectory (new project) maven-jelly-tags in the existing maven
> CVS tree
> - copy maven/src/java/org/apache/maven/jelly/tags/maven/* and
> maven/src/java/org/apache/maven/jelly/tags/BaseTag*.java + package.html to
> the new project's source directory
> - leave werkz and jeez where they are as they aren't reusable and are
> terribly tightly coupled to the plugin manager.
> - release maven-jelly-tags-1.0.jar and add as a dependency to the current
> Maven distro.
>
> It is fully backwards compatible, and will help avoid the problem of tying
> the tags to the core. The only problem would be if someone is depending on
> maven.jar and using these tags outside of Maven which I find highly
> unlikely!
>
> I'm prepared to do the work on this.
>
> +1 from me.

+1

> - Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter
> Team Leader, Core Systems
> f2 network ~ everything essential

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

and sit softly on your shoulder ...

 -- Thoreau

RE: [vote] minor separation of jelly tag libs in maven 1.0

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

+1

Thanks
-Vincent

Re: [vote] minor separation of jelly tag libs in maven 1.0

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Brett Porter <bp...@f2network.com.au> wrote on 23/04/2004 10:02:59 AM:

> Something dion raised a while back, but I propose that we do the
following
> for RC3:
>
> - Create a subdirectory (new project) maven-jelly-tags in the existing
maven
> CVS tree
> - copy maven/src/java/org/apache/maven/jelly/tags/maven/* and
> maven/src/java/org/apache/maven/jelly/tags/BaseTag*.java + package.html
> the new project's source directory
> - leave werkz and jeez where they are as they aren't reusable and are
> terribly tightly coupled to the plugin manager.
> - release maven-jelly-tags-1.0.jar and add as a dependency to the
current
> Maven distro.
>
> It is fully backwards compatible, and will help avoid the problem of
tying
> the tags to the core. The only problem would be if someone is depending
on
> maven.jar and using these tags outside of Maven which I find highly
> unlikely!
>
> I'm prepared to do the work on this.
>
> +1 from me.

+1 from me.