Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/01 01:57:02 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.4 (RC0)

Uploaded new binaries hadoop-2.7.4-RC0.tar.gz, which adds lib/native/.
Same place: http://home.apache.org/~shv/hadoop-2.7.4-RC0/

Thanks,
--Konstantin

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@huawei.com>.
Hi Konstantin,

Thanks a lot again for your efforts.

+1  (non-binding)

-Built from the source on Suse-Linux with jdk_ 1.8.0_40
-Installed the HA cluster
-Verified basic shell commands
-Ran sample jobs
-Did the regression on IBR Feature, Balancer/mover,fsck

Downloaded the latest tarball, it contains the native and nodemanger can start (NM will not start without native). And install pseudo cluster and did basic verification.

IMHO, we should include natives in the tarball for user convenience (who doesn't have build tool can use for quick regression)

As we are separately giving hadoop-2.7.4-RC0-src.tar.gz, still we need to include /src in tarball..?

As Andrew mentioned, these two are regression to prior release.

--Brahma Reddy Battula

Posted by Zhe Zhang <zh...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

1. Downloaded src tar ball, verified m5dsum
2. Built from source on Linux RHEL6, Java 1_8_0_40
3. Tried some HDFS CLI methods with the above build, against two clusters,
one running 2.6.1 and another running 2.7.4 (server bin/conf built by an
internal Jenkins job, as Ye Zhou mentioned above). Both clusters are secure.
  - ls
  - mkdir
  - copyFromLocal
  - find (new feature in 2.7)
4. Tried some YARN CLI methods, on the above 2.7.4 cluster
  - yarn logs (verified a sample application's logs)
  - yarn cluster -lnl

Thanks for the great work Konstantin!

--
Zhe Zhang
Apache Hadoop Committer

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.4 (RC0)

Posted by Zhe Zhang <zh...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Zhe Zhang <zh...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Zhe Zhang <zh...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Ye Zhou <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Konstantin.

--

*Zhou, Ye  **周晔*

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.4 (RC0)

Posted by Ye Zhou <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Konstantin.

--

*Zhou, Ye  **周晔*

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.4 (RC0)

Posted by Fnu Ajay Kumar <aj...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Thanks for preparing the 2.7.4-RC0 release.

- Built from source on Mac OS X 10.12.6 with Java 1.8.0_111
- Deployed to a pseudo cluster
- Passed the following sanity checks
    - Basic dfs operations
    - Wordcount
    - DFSIO- read/write

Thanks,
Ajay

Posted by Eric Payne <er...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
+1 (binding)
Tested the following:

- Application History Server

-- Apps can be observed from UI
-- App and container metadata can be retrieved via REST APIs

- RM UI

-- Can kill an app from the RM UI

- Apps run in different frameworks. Frameworks tested: MR and yarn shell

-- In yarn shell framework, containers are preserved across AM restart.

- Cross-queue preemption (Inter-queue):

-- Inter-queue preemption will preempt the correct number of containers from a p
reemptable queue.

-- Inter-queue preemption will not preempt from queues with preemption disabled.

- Labeled queues work as expected where apps assigned to a queue that has a spec
ific label will run only on labeled nodes.

________________________________

Posted by Edwina Lu <ed...@linkedin.com>.
+1 (non-binding).

Thanks,

Edwina

Posted by Ye Zhou <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Konstantin.

--

*Zhou, Ye  **周晔*

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.4 (RC0)

Posted by Ye Zhou <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Konstantin.

--

*Zhou, Ye  **周晔*

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.4 (RC0)

Posted by Fnu Ajay Kumar <aj...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)