Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ahmet yilmaz <ah...@yahoo.com> on 2001/06/29 12:01:56 UTC

multipart/form-data&tomcat 3.2.2 problem

 Hello,

  I have written a page to upload files.The problem is
although some files are uploaded correctly, some files
end up with getting "Cannot find server, The page can
not be displayed " error in Internet Explorer.
Firstly i thought this was due to my bad coding
practice, but I deleted the part that handles the
upload. Now the file just posts the request, and
the part recieving the multipart/form-data justs
prints
out the headers to stderr, and builds a basic page.

But I still get the same errors? what may be the cause
of this?

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: multipart/form-data&tomcat 3.2.2 problem

Posted by ahmet yilmaz <ah...@yahoo.com>.
I am sorry i forgot to mention that tomcat is used as
a standalone server(on win98 and unix). For testing i
removed all instructions except html tags and i still
get the same error. I configured IE not to use http
1.1 unfortunately same error. What can i do ?

thanks

--- Simon Brooke <si...@beesianum.jasmine.org.uk>

Posted by ahmet yilmaz <ah...@yahoo.com>.
I am sending the source files , all processing
instructions are removed from the files. I will be
grateful for any help.

thanks

Firstly the file selector part
name : upload.jsp
<HTML>
  <HEAD>
  </HEAD>
  <BODY>
    <form name="upload"  method="post"
action="/java/1.jsp" enctype="multipart/form-data">
      <BR><BR>
      Select a file: <INPUT TYPE="FILE" NAME="file1">
<INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" Name="Submit" Value="Submit" >
 </BODY>
</HTML>

Now the handler part
name : 1.jsp
<HTML>
  <HEAD>
  </HEAD>
  <BODY>
    <FORM name="upload"  method="post"
action="upload.jsp" >
      <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" Name="strdirname"
value="\">
      <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" Name="strbasedir"
value="\">
      <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" Name="strsorttype"
value="name">
    </FORM>
  </BODY>
</HTML>

Posted by Simon Brooke <si...@beesianum.jasmine.org.uk>.
On Friday 29 June 2001 22:03, ahmet yilmaz wrote:
> First of all i must apologize for the delay in the
> response .. i must have forgotten to mention that
> tomcat is run as a standalone server.
>
> I have removed everything from the part that handles
> the uploded file except the html tags but the error
> remains. I have also forced IE not to use http 1.1;
> unfortunately i get the same error. What else should i
> do?

Mail me your source?

			-- mens vacua in medio vacuo --

Re: multipart/form-data&tomcat 3.2.2 problem

Posted by ahmet yilmaz <ah...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Simon Brooke <si...@beesianum.jasmine.org.uk>.

Posted by Andrea <sm...@lisea.com>.
I had the same problem. Someone told me to use mod_jserv instead of mod_jk
and it works fine

andrea

Posted by Simon Brooke <si...@beesianum.jasmine.org.uk>.

Posted by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com>.
I found that when uploading a multipart-form data post, you need to make
sure to never attempt to access the HttpServletRequest object.  You need to
create your own request and access only that.  If you try to access the
regular HttpServletRequest, then it shows a page cannot be found.

Brandon Cruz