Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Jason Bailey <Ja...@sas.com> on 2015/07/10 20:33:24 UTC

So my filter ordering got reversed

Working on an upgrade to AEM 6.0sp2 and things started going weird all over the place. Figured out the ordering of the servlet filters got reversed.
Per https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-2920

We're now going through the process of changing our filter run ordering  .

However I'm not understanding the comments.. Is the ordering going to change again at some point in the future? Or once, I reset the  run ordering  will I be good?

RE: So my filter ordering got reversed

Posted by Olaf <ol...@x100.de>.
Hello Jason,

The filter order was (due to a misunderstanding) aligned to the standard
interpretation of the service.ranking property, which indeed means that it
is inverted starting from Sling Engine 2.3.3 onwards. This change will *not*
be reverted in the future, as this would yield even more confusion (with
some applications currently relying on the old and others on the new
service.ranking interpretation, depending on the Sling version).

In other words, you will be fine once you have adjusted the filter order.

Kind regards,
Olaf