Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Jim Douglas <jd...@hotmail.com> on 2006/06/12 04:22:31 UTC

Forrest PDF creation

When I click on the PDF icon on my Forrest created website I get the
following error,

Resource Not Found
Message: Resource Not Found
be found
Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
Source: Cocoon Servlet

There is no contact.pdf file getting created, when I create one manually and
place it in the directory everything is fine.

Can someone tell me what setting will create the PDF dynamically?

Jim

Re: Forrest PDF creation

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Jim Douglas wrote:
>> From: Brian M Dube <br...@gmail.com>
>> To: user@forrest.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Forrest PDF creation
>> Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:52:26 -0500

> Yes, forrest.properties does include,
>
> project.required.plugins=org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf

When you build the site does it report that it has built without errors?

There are no known problems that will cause this, so I guess it is in
your content object that there is an error. We just need to find out
where that problem is.

Ross

Re: Forrest PDF creation

Posted by Jim Douglas <jd...@hotmail.com>.
>From: Brian M Dube <br...@gmail.com>
>To: user@forrest.apache.org
>Subject: Re: Forrest PDF creation
>Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:52:26 -0500
>
>Jim Douglas wrote:
>>>From: Brian M Dube <br...@gmail.com>
>>>To: user@forrest.apache.org
>>>Subject: Re: Forrest PDF creation
>>>Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:31:02 -0500

>>>Does your forrest.properties file include this?
>>>
>>>project.required.plugins=org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf
>
>Did you check the above?
>
>Running 'forrest available-plugins' lists all the plugins available, not
>what's configured in your forrest.properties file.
>
>Brian

Yes, forrest.properties does include,

project.required.plugins=org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf

Thanks,
Jim

Re: Forrest PDF creation

Posted by Brian M Dube <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: Forrest PDF creation

Posted by Jim Douglas <jd...@hotmail.com>.
>From: Brian M Dube <br...@gmail.com>
>To: user@forrest.apache.org
>Subject: Re: Forrest PDF creation
>Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:31:02 -0500
>
>Jim Douglas wrote:
>>When I click on the PDF icon on my Forrest created website I get the
>>following error,
>>
>>Resource Not Found
>>Message: Resource Not Found
>>be found
>>Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>>Source: Cocoon Servlet
>>
>>There is no contact.pdf file getting created, when I create one manually
>>and place it in the directory everything is fine.
>>
>>Can someone tell me what setting will create the PDF dynamically?
>
>Does your forrest.properties file include this?
>
>project.required.plugins=org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf
>
>It should be included by default. Have you modified any sitemaps?
>
>Brian

When I run "forrest available-plugins", PDF output is listed...

I did change my skinconf.xml to,
  <disable-pdf-link>false</disable-pdf-link>

This is my sitemap.xmap

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--
-->
<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">
  <map:components>
    <map:actions>
      <map:action logger="sitemap.action.sourcetype" name="sourcetype"
src="org.apache.forrest.sourcetype.SourceTypeAction">
        <sourcetype name="hello-v1.0">
          <document-declaration public-id="-//Acme//DTD Hello Document
V1.0//EN" />
        </sourcetype>
      </map:action>
    </map:actions>

    <map:selectors default="parameter">
	    <map:selector logger="sitemap.selector.parameter" name="parameter"
src="org.apache.cocoon.selection.ParameterSelector" />
    </map:selectors>
  </map:components>

  <map:resources>
    <map:resource name="transform-to-document">
      <map:act type="sourcetype" src="{src}">
        <map:select type="parameter">
          <map:parameter name="parameter-selector-test" value="{sourcetype}"
/>

          <map:when test="hello-v1.0">
            <map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}{../../1}.xml" />
            <map:transform
src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/hello2document.xsl" />
            <map:serialize type="xml-document"/>
          </map:when>
        </map:select>
      </map:act>
    </map:resource>
  </map:resources>

<map:pipelines>
  <map:pipeline>
    <map:match pattern="old_site/*.html">
     <map:select type="exists">
      <map:when test="{project:content}{1}.html">
        <map:read src="{project:content}{1}.html" mime-type="text/html"/>
        <!--
          Use this instead if you want JTidy to clean up your HTML
          <map:generate type="html" src="{project:content}/{0}" />
          <map:serialize type="html"/>
        -->
      </map:when>
     </map:select>
   </map:match>

   <map:match pattern="**.xml">
      <map:call resource="transform-to-document">
        <map:parameter name="src" value="{project:content.xdocs}{1}.xml" />
      </map:call>
    </map:match>
  </map:pipeline>
</map:pipelines>