Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Yakov Reztsov <ya...@mail.ru> on 2013/01/03 11:16:12 UTC

http://oooforum.org/ is not accessible

I got error:    " DNS service for this domain has expired with DNS Made Easy"

 --

Yakov Reztsov

Re: http://oooforum.org/ is not accessible

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

On 01/05/2013 11:22 AM, Drew Jensen wrote:
> Hi Kay,
>
> I take it you mean to put a link back on the support page for oooforum also.
>
> Sadly, and I mean that fully, I would not recommend doing that. Have made a
> point to hit the site every day this last week and it is very much a crap
> shoot as to if it is up. Just now, can't get in.

Ok, thanks for this response. It could be that it was removed a while
back for this kind of reason.

Posted by Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kay,

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kay,

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com>.
howdy Andrew,

Posted by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.
On 01/03/2013 12:40 PM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> One more thought on oooforum - is the problems such that it would warrant
>> removing the site from the Google Custom Search Engine used on the
>> aoo-forums landing page?
> sorry, first time I read about oooforum.org.
>
> I thought these were the official forums...
> http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewforum.php?f=9
>
> FC

oooforum.org is NOT an official forum, as Drew already stated. It was,
however, the first, and it contains significant content.

A user posted that an OpenOffice related forum is down, so I responded.

Now, if anyone cares, a credit card was used to auto-renew, and the
expiration changed....  That has now been fixed, and the site is back
up. The site has been hammered with spam bots, so the owner claims to be
working on a fix.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php

Re: http://oooforum.org/ is not accessible

Posted by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 14:16:12 +0400
Yakov Reztsov <ya...@mail.ru> wrote:

> http://oooforum.org/ is not accessible
>

> I got error:    " DNS service for this domain has expired with DNS Made Easy"

It has been very uncertain of access for about the last four months.  No one knows anything certain about its future.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: http://oooforum.org/ is not accessible

Posted by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.
On 01/03/2013 05:16 AM, Yakov Reztsov wrote:

> http://oooforum.org/ is not accessible
>

> I got error:    " DNS service for this domain has expired with DNS Made Easy"
>
>   --
>
> Yakov Reztsov

It has been unreliable for a while. This, however, is something
different. I dropped an email to the site owner (too early to call him
on the phone).

Will see if he responds.