Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/28 20:24:41 UTC

Admin interface configuration changes?

As we move to arbitrary path based configuration, the JSP admin pages
don't really know where things are and what to link to.

In looking into how to replace get-file.jsp and how to have an upload
page for /update and /update/csv, I stumbled on the idea that we could
have the list of options for what is displayed in the admin interface
configured in solrconfig.xml.

Perhaps something like:

<admin>
     <defaultQuery>solr</defaultQuery>
     <header>
       <links name="solr">
         <link name="Schema"   path="/admin/file?file=schema.xml" />
         <link name="Config"   path="/admin/file?file=solrconfig.xml" />
         <link name="Analysis" path="/admin/analysis.jsp" />
         <link name="Statistics"   path="/admin/stats.jsp" />
         <link name="Info"         path="/admin/registry.jsp" />
         <link name="Distribution" path="/admin/distributiondump.jsp" />
         <link name="Ping"         path="/admin/ping" />
         <link name="Logging"      path="/admin/logging.jsp" />
       </links>
       <links name="update">
         <link name="Update" path="/admin/?show=update.html" />
         <link name="CSV"    path="/admin/?show=updatecsv.html" />
       </links>
       <links name="App server">
         <link name="Properties"   path="/admin/properties" />
         <link name="Thread Dump"  path="/admin/threaddump.jsp" />
       </links>
     </header>

Thoughts?

Re: Admin interface configuration changes?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: In looking into how to replace get-file.jsp and how to have an upload
: page for /update and /update/csv, I stumbled on the idea that we could
: have the list of options for what is displayed in the admin interface
: configured in solrconfig.xml.

blast from the past ... this is reminding me of a brainstorming session i
had with some CNET folks back before Solar became Apache Solar ... notes
from that meeting eventually made there way here...

	http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MakeSolrMoreSelfService

...in general, i think you're on the right track.  the one big adition i
would make is to ensure that external links are supported as well, and
that some arbitrary text can be included verbatim on the admin screen.

(and of course: if none of this info is in the <admin> block, we need the
old defaults still in index.jsp for backwards compatibility)

-Hoss