Posted to dev@pinot.apache.org by Seunghyun Lee <sn...@apache.org> on 2019/01/18 23:42:00 UTC

Requesting a review for updating license & notice information

Hi Mentors,

I have recently tracked down all dependencies that we bundle for our
distribution and came up with license, notice files for Pinot project. I
followed Apache Spark's approach since it provides the detailed
documentation on how to build license, notice files.

Can someone look into the following pull request so that we can have some
initial feedbacks before we start to work on the release process?
https://github.com/apache/incubator-pinot/pull/3722

Best,
Seunghyun

Re: Requesting a review for updating license & notice information

Posted by Seunghyun Lee <sn...@apache.org>.
Thank you for the update. So, I think that we have 2 options.

1. Copy all licenses directly to "LICENSE" file.
2. Copy all licenses to "/licenses" and add a pointer to LICENSE file.

In that case, I think the current pr should be good enough (I also
separated out LICENSE-binary and NOTICE-binary).
For a source code release, we plan to include the original LICENSE, NOTICE
while we will include LICENSE-binary, NOTICE-binary for binary release.

@Felix @Kishore Can you go over the finalized pr when you find the time?
Again, I really appreciate for your help.

Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Seunghyun Lee <sn...@apache.org>.
Hi Felix and Kishore,