Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/07/04 14:41:44 UTC

[Nutch Wiki] Trivial Update of "RunningNutchAndSolr" by PieterCoucke

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by PieterCoucke:
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/RunningNutchAndSolr

  I'm posting it under Nutch rather than Solr on the presumption that people are more likely to be learning/using Solr first, then come here looking to combine it with Nutch.  I'm going to skip over doing command by command for right now.  I'm running/building on Ubuntu 7.10 using Java 1.6.0_05.  I'm assuming that the Solr trunk code is checked out into solr-trunk and Nutch trunk code is checked out into nutch-trunk.

+ == Prerequisites ==
+  * apt-get install sun-java6-jdk
+  * apt-get install subversion
+  * apt-get install ant
+
+ == Steps ==
-  1. Check out solr-trunk ( svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/ solr-trunk )
+  1. Check out solr-trunk ( svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/trunk/ solr-trunk )
-  1. Check out nutch-trunk ( svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/nutch/ nutch-trunk )
+  1. Check out nutch-trunk ( svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/nutch/trunk/ nutch-trunk )
   1. Go into the solr-trunk and run 'ant dist dist-solrj'
   1. Copy apache-solr-solrj-1.3-dev.jar and apache-solr-common-1.3-dev.jar from solr-trunk/dist to nutch-trunk/lib
   1. Apply patch from [http://www.foofactory.fi/files/nutch-solr/nutch_solr.patch FooFactory patch] to nutch-trunk (cd nutch-trunk; patch -p0 < nutch_solr.patch)