Posted to user@flink.apache.org by shashank734 <sh...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/03 07:23:58 UTC

How to set fix JobId for my application.

How I can set Fixed JobId for my flink Job. Cause queryable client required
Job ID. So whenever I'll update or redeploy my queryable state job than
JobID will change and i have to change and redeploy in queryable client app.

Is there any way I can fix the jobID or dynamically pass in the client app.

Re: How to set fix JobId for my application.

Posted by shashank734 <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for suggestion now using Kafka for information sharing between apps.

Re: How to set fix JobId for my application.

Posted by Gary Yao <ga...@data-artisans.com>.
Hi,

If I understand correctly, you are using Queryable State to access state of
one
job from another one. To avoid redeployment, some operator in application B
would need to regularly poll the REST API to discover changes of the job id
of
application A. It is doable but not advised to use Queryable State to share
information between Flink jobs. Alternatively, you can write out the
information
from application A to one or multiple data sinks and consume these from
application B.

Best,
Gary

Posted by Gary Yao <ga...@data-artisans.com>.
Hi,

AFAIK it is not possible to set the job id manually.

You could get the job id via the REST API. For example,
http://host:port/joboverview/running gives you a list of running jobs [1]
which
you can filter by name. Would that work for you?

Best,
Gary

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/monitoring/rest_api.html#overview-of-jobs