Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Gary Yang <ga...@yahoo.com> on 2009/02/04 23:35:01 UTC

[users@httpd] How to sort the directories and files in different orders?

Hi,
I placed my Release directory at DocumentRoot, /apache-httpd/htdocs. There is no index.html at DocumentRoot. I can see the list of directories and files in my browser under Release directory.
My purpose is, sort the directories under Release in Ascending order. Sort the files inside each directory in Descending order. Below are my configurations. It does not work. Can someone help?

In httpd.conf
<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride All
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
</Directory>

<Directory "/apache-httpd/htdocs">
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
</Directory>

In extra/httpd-autoindex.conf

IndexOptions FancyIndexing HTMLTable VersionSort NameWidth=* DescriptionWidth=* FoldersFirst IconsAreLinks ShowForbidden
IndexOrderDefault Ascending Name

<Directory "/apache-httpd/icons">
    Options Indexes MultiViews
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

In Release/ace-release/.htaccess
IndexOrderDefault Descending Name

I cannot see the directory ace-release in browser anymore after adding IndexOrderDefault Descending Name in .htaccess. I can see it again if I comment this line out. However, the files are in Ascending order. Can someone tell me how to make the files inside ace-release in descending order? I use Apache 2.2.11.

Thank you