Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Paul Querna <pq...@apache.org> on 2008/11/29 07:33:57 UTC

dev stats and graphs

I've started playing with:
<http://www.apache.org/dev/stats/>

It uses a bunch of json files stored at:
<http://www.apache.org/dev/stats/json/>

Things to do:
- Build page navigation, to go up and down the graphs.

- Better way to organize TLPs, right now I put in an hard coded list,
because showing all 70 at once is just a big blob.

- More data sources.  Right now I only pull in from Subversion and the
Mail Archives.

- Once you go to a TLP, you should be able to show subversion data for
that tlp vs mail traffic, maybe check boxes for which datasoruces to show?

The graphs are generated using flot and jquery:
<http://code.google.com/p/flot/>

There are two programs that generate these json files.  In the long run
I intend to update the json files once a day, but that isn't quite
running yet.

mailstats.py:
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/trunk/projects/stats/mailstats.py>
Which just scrapes mail-archives.apache.org.

svnstats.py:
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/trunk/projects/stats/svnstats.py>

Which uses my svnstat[1] program to read form an sqlite3 databases some
stats generated from the raw subversion repository

If you are playing with it, I would recommend jut pulling down a copy of
the json files, from
people.apache.org:/x1/www/www.apache.org/dev/stats/json/

patches welcome.....

[1] - http://svn.i-want-a-pony.org/repos/svnstats/trunk/

Re: dev stats and graphs

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 29/11/2008, Paul Querna <pq...@apache.org> wrote:
> I've started playing with:
>  <http://www.apache.org/dev/stats/>
>
>  It uses a bunch of json files stored at:
>  <http://www.apache.org/dev/stats/json/>
>
>  Things to do:
>  - Build page navigation, to go up and down the graphs.
>
>  - Better way to organize TLPs, right now I put in an hard coded list,
> because showing all 70 at once is just a big blob.
>
>  - More data sources.  Right now I only pull in from Subversion and the Mail
> Archives.
>
>  - Once you go to a TLP, you should be able to show subversion data for that
> tlp vs mail traffic, maybe check boxes for which datasoruces to show?
>
>  The graphs are generated using flot and jquery:
>  <http://code.google.com/p/flot/>
>
>  There are two programs that generate these json files.  In the long run I
> intend to update the json files once a day, but that isn't quite running
> yet.
>
>  mailstats.py:
> <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/trunk/projects/stats/mailstats.py>
>  Which just scrapes mail-archives.apache.org.
>
>  svnstats.py:
> <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/trunk/projects/stats/svnstats.py>
>
>  Which uses my svnstat[1] program to read form an sqlite3 databases some
> stats generated from the raw subversion repository
>
>  If you are playing with it, I would recommend jut pulling down a copy of
> the json files, from
>  people.apache.org:/x1/www/www.apache.org/dev/stats/json/
>
>  patches welcome.....

IE7 reports an error:

Line: 2
Char: 3996
Error: 'window.G_vmlCanvasManager' is null or not an object
Code: 0

It does not display the graph.

Sorry, don't know how to fix this.

Seems to work OK in FF and Opera.

Re: dev stats and graphs

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Paul Querna wrote:
> I've started playing with:
> <http://www.apache.org/dev/stats/>
>
> It uses a bunch of json files stored at:
> <http://www.apache.org/dev/stats/json/>

Fantastic. I will begin to use some of the data
with Clutch <http://incubator.apache.org/clutch.html>
a tool that i started developing at Incubator
to gather info about the state of the projects.

Clutch might already be gathering some types of data
that would be better gathered more generally under
this "dev/stats".

Nice one, Paul.

-David