Posted to community@apache.org by bd...@apache.org on 2007/11/28 10:02:24 UTC

[ANN] Google Highly Open Participation Contest is open to the public

Hi ASF community members,

The Google Highly Open Participation Contest (GHOP) just went live, find more info at

  http://code.google.com/opensource/ghop/2007-8/

Thanks to a small group of volunteers (contacted via our private members and PMC mailing lists in the last two weeks, as the preparation of the contest was not public), the ASF is participating, see:

  http://code.google.com/p/google-highly-open-participation-asf/

And note that you can submit additional tasks there, see "How do we coordinate inside the ASF" at the bottom of that page. Actually I think anyone can suggest tasks, we'll clarify that on the asf-ghop group mentioned below.

Interested ASF community members are welcome to subscribe to the following discussion group, for any question or suggestion related to this program:

  http://groups.google.com/group/asf-ghop

This first edition is an experiment for everyone, we'll see what comes out of it.

Thanks to everybody who helped make this happen!

-Bertrand Delacretaz, for the ASF GHOP team