Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by jkm123 <as...@virtusa.com> on 2013/02/28 15:13:43 UTC

Maven - web application project is throwing error

Hi All,

I am setting up maven project of spring mvc using my id sts.

I created the project using New > Others > Maven Project and select the
component web archtype

Now I see following error in pom.xml file
/
Failure to transfer org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-io:jar:1.0.1 from
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2 was cached in the local
repository, resolution will not
 be reattempted until the update interval of ibiblio.org has elapsed or
updates are forced. Original error: Could not transfer artifact
org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-io:jar:
 1.0.1 from/to ibiblio.org (http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2):
Access denied to
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/org/codehaus/plexus/
 plexus-io/1.0.1/plexus-io-1.0.1.jar. Error code 403, Forbidden/

Can you please suggest why is this happening?

Re: Maven - web application project is throwing error

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
You should post this question to the users list. This list of for
developing Maven itself and the core plugins.

/Anders