Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Minto van der Sluis <mi...@multimach.com> on 2007/01/25 10:32:24 UTC

Incorrect facet information when doing mvn eclipse:eclipse for war and ejb projects.

Hi folks,

Seems like JIRA is offline, so I post it here first and create the issue
later.

When running 'mvn eclipse:eclipse' the results do not take the proper
servlet-api en ejb-api into account.

ejb version is not taken into account (see
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MECLIPSE-198)
servlet api version is not taken into account (see
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MECLIPSE-108)

I have fixed these problems locally, but looking at MECLIPSE-108 I wonder if
what I did is correct . Still my solution works for me. I wonder what the
difference is between config.getProject().getArtifacts() and
config.getProject().getDependencies() . Why in the existing implementation
is resolveServletVersion using getArtifacts() and resolveJ2eeVersion using
getDependencies() ? My solutions uses getDependencies() only and works for
me.

What I actually did is the following:
- I switched the 2 loops in getDependencyVersion. I think the order of
ids/names being looked up is more important than the order of the
dependencies. So first look for servlet-api then for servletapi then for
geronimo-spec-servlet. (something alike for ejb).
- When no servlet version was found use the J2EE version
(resolveJ2eeVersion) to determine the servlet version to be used.
- Implemented resolveEjbVersion along the lines of resolveServletVersion.
- Changed resolveJ2eeVersion to work along the line of
resolveServletVersion.
- Fixed a glitch in resolveJavaVersion, where the getCompilerSourceVersion
was retrieved but not used.

Hope my efforts are usefull for others as well. ;-)

regards,

misl

ps. Patch is attached.
http://www.nabble.com/file/5920/proper-facet.patch proper-facet.patch