Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "Gabrielle C. Nguyen" <ga...@gabriellenguyen.com> on 2015/06/23 15:42:03 UTC

Forms

Hello,

I am looking to create a form that work in the following manner:

Users input data into form
Form is emailed to managers
Form d ata is written to the database
Forms can be easily revised and modified later

I want to integrate this with ofbiz, and was wondering whether there is any preexisting feature in ofbiz14 (possibly in webtools?) that would allow me to accomplish this.

Thank You,

-Gabrielle

Re: Forms

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gabrielle,

Your request sounds reasonably simple to accomplish in OFBiz. I would suggest you do the following:

- you define the entity (database table) holding the data you want
- you design your form (depending on complexity) using widgets, you can automatically include all fields defined in the entity definition.
- you define the service that will persist your form to the database. You don't even need to implement it if there is no custom logic.
- you create an ECA to fireup an email to managers.

I am not sure how familiar are you with OFBiz so I'm keeping it brief. Everything I mentioned above has countless examples in the code base of the framework.

Taher Alkhateeb