Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by wild_oscar <mi...@almeida.at> on 2007/09/07 19:49:41 UTC

Closing Hibernate's SessionFactory when undeploying (or when is a filter destroyed)

I've implemented a struts 2 interceptor to create hibernate's SessionFactory
and manage sessions. My session factory is wrapped in a static class:

public static SessionFactory factory;
		static {
		         try {

		        	 Configuration cf = new Configuration();
		             factory = cf.configure().buildSessionFactory();
		         } catch (Throwable ex) {

		             throw new ExceptionInInitializerError(ex);
		         }
		     }

The problem is that every time I undeploy or redeploy my application,
connections to the database persist because I don't call the
sessionfactory.close() method.

How can I call this method right before tomcat undeploys the application?

RE: Closing Hibernate's SessionFactory when undeploying (or when is afilter destroyed)

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: wild_oscar [mailto:miguel@almeida.at]
> Subject: Closing Hibernate's SessionFactory when undeploying
> (or when is afilter destroyed)
>
> How can I call this method right before tomcat undeploys the
> application?

Try implementing a ServletContextListener; see section 10 of the servlet
spec for details.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.