Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2002/05/23 10:31:41 UTC

copyright issues with images

While doing some minor edits in the excellent new "primer" doc,
i came across an interesting issue. There is the cute smiley image
in the "Where you can help" section. The alt value is attempting to
attribute copyright so a well-known company. Is this sufficient?

I wonder if there is an ASF position on this.

I suggest that we stay right away from copyrighted images.
If neccessary, we can find some opensource images.
--David