Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/19 12:09:13 UTC

[RFC][CODEC] DigestUtils and HmacUtils fluent interfaces

I have added fluent methods (or at least what I understand of them!)
to DigestUtils and HmacUtils.

CODEC-220 - DigestUtils
CODEC-222 - HmacUtils

I think they are reasonably easy to use and the code needed is not
much longer than the specific methods, but feedback is welcomed,
especially on the method naming.

The intention is to ensure an identical API for both predefined
standard algorithm names [1] and future standard names or other
algorithms that are available but not standardised [2].

S.
[1] known knowns
[2] known unknowns