Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Igor Romanov <ri...@nizhny.ru> on 2001/03/03 15:56:59 UTC

[C2] Windows-1251 encoding

Hello cocoon-users,

  I was searching through archives, but still can't find an answer:

  How can I use Windows-1251 encoding in my XML/XSL files and in
  my generator? Right now I get an error from Xerces in Cocoon's log
  file... Thanks!

--
Cheers...
RiO                          mailto:rio@nizhny.ru

Re[2]: [C2] Windows-1251 encoding

Posted by Christoph Sturm <ch...@schaumwelt.com>.
Hello Konstantin,

PK> Я использую без проблем.
PK> Можно в cocoon.properties задать encoding (там как раз есть пример с 1251)
PK> или можно исходники писать в UTF-8, а при генерации страницы задавать:
PK> response.setContentType("text/html;charset=windows-1251");
PK> И еще нужно прописать мета-тэг в HTML, чтобы браузер правильно отображал:

Maybe we should put that one into the FAQ.
Regards,

 Chris

Re: Re[2]: [C2] Windows-1251 encoding

Posted by "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KP...@flagship.ru>.

<xsp-request:set-content-type>text/html;charset=windows-1251</xsp-request:se
> t-content-type>

Oops, it must have been:
<xsp-response:set-content-type>...</ ...>

Posted by "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KP...@flagship.ru>.
> PK> The main idea of the answer is to set encoding in cocoon.properties or
use:
> PK> <xsp:logic>
> PK>     response.setContentType("text/html;charset=windows-1251");
> PK> </xsp:logic>
> PK> and
charset=windows-1251"/>

Posted by Igor Romanov <ri...@nizhny.ru>.